Because there will be two eRoadRacing races on Sunday, the two qualifying rounds are each assigned to one of the races. Qualifying 1 determined the starting grid for the sprint race on Sunday morning, while Qualifying 2 determined the starting grid for the full race on Sunday afternoon.
This is the starting grid for the 4-lap sprint race:
- CHI FUNG, Hoi (01.58,219) – Zongshen
- RONG ZAI, Su (02.03,579) – Zongshen
- MIRALLES, Julian (02.08,177) – Renegade Z
- PENA, Oscar (02.15,044) – Zongshen
- WEST, Sam (02.15,265) – Agni Racing
- MENCHEN, Adrian (02.17,434) – Renegade Z
- GASSE, Harald (02.27,667) – Renegade Z
A posting on the eRoadRacing website says Renegade Z is an "independent Dutch Team" using 2013 model Zero S's. Their aim is to show factory-produced bikes work not just for commuters, but also racers. Their S's have the 11.4 kilowatt-hour packs. The spec'd top speed of those bikes is close to 100 miles/hr. A group of Zero S's were entered in the recent Pikes Peak Hill Climb, with official support from Zero Motorcycles and Hollywood Electrics.
- CHI FUNG, Hoi (01.56,505) – Zongshen
- RONG ZAI, Su (02.02,920) – Zongshen
- MIRALLES, Julian (02.04,301) – Renegade Z
- MENCHEN, Adrian (02.05,890) – Renegade Z
- WEST, Sam (02.13,387) – Agni Racing
- PENA, Oscar (02.18,327) – Zongshen
- GASSE, Harald DNQ (02.25,736) – Renegade Z
Between the two qualifying rounds everyone posted better lap times, so Gasse must have just barely fallen below the threshold to qualify. This is the explanation on the eRoadRacing site: "Unfortunately, Gasse failed to qualify due to the 20 per cent speed-variant rules set by FIM sporting regulations."
The other thing we notice is the two Spanish riders in Renegade Z did very well indeed.
The images below come from Facebook postings, most of which are in an album located here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.700942073256132.1073741835.148160931867585&type=1
|Qualifying 1 results|
|Qualifying 2 results|
|Sam West, Agni Racing|
I see from the motors that Agni is still using the Agni-95 series motor
|Oscar Pena, Zongshen|
|Adrian Menchen, Renegade Z - Zero S ZF11|
|Julian Miralles, Renegade Z|
|Su Rong Zai, Zongshen|
|Harald Gasse, Renegade Z|